When the weather started to cool down somewhere at the start of November, I decided to purchase a deep shade of lipstick mainly to suit all the celebrations in coming winter months. I've never been obsessed with lipsticks, I just have a few staple shades and decided that having one in a berry hue is essential too. That is when I came across this Rimmel lasting finish lipstick, did a swatch of it on my wrist and purchased it. When I wore it on my twentieth, I got a tonne of compliments and still get asked about this shade hence I felt that this lipstick makes for the perfect December review!
Disclaimer:The review below is not carried out in association with any brand/company. The thoughts and opinions expressed below are completely my own.
The lipstick comes in a plastic container with an almost black with burgundy shimmer in colour. The container has the trademark Rimmel crown engraved on the cap of it. The lipstick is encased in a matte stainless steel body. The quantity of the lipstick is 4gm and is made in England.
- The container looks nice (not as attractive as the purple case Rimmel ones though) and the cap closes firmly, making it safe to carry around.
- It has a mild, pleasant fragrance.
- It has a slight gloss to it.
- The deep berry pigmentation of the lipstick is intense and vibrant, just what I like in a lipstick.
- The staying power is really good. It lasted for approximately 5 hours on me.
- Availability is less since there are very few stores that stock the brand in Bombay.
- It can dry out on your lips after a few hours. If you have dry lips, wear an clear lip balm before you apply the lipstick.
|Rimmel 120 'Cutting Edge' on my lips|
It is intense berry shade that is very trendy this winter and complements a wheatish complexion like mine beautifully. An additional swipe of lip balm may be needed, no doubt but I'd definitely say, go for it!