Danny: "You called 911 because there was a butterfly in your apartment!"Mindy: "I thought it was a colourful bat"
While I've been hooked to the show since its inception last year, I decided that it was about time that Dr. Lahiri's style got its own post. I've dissected her style from the show into a few sections that she frequents the most :
- Colour: Mindy includes a lot of colour in her daily style; sometimes she does it through tiny pops of colour with her accessories and sometimes she just goes flat-out bold with brights in her clothing pieces. Often, she colour blocks her outfits with contrasting colours and unusual combinations which make her style very bright and fresh.
- Bodycon fits: While curvier girls generally find bodycon fits to be risky, Mindy doesn't shy away from it. At an afterwork party or a date night, she leans towards solid coloured bodycon fits which are embellished or patterned. I love the fact that she shows off her curves and her great pins unapologetically in a sexy bodycon fit paired with a pair of fancy heels.
- Trendy: Mindy, being the fashion conscious doctor that she in, incorporates a lot of new trends into her daily looks. Sometimes it is denim-on-denim and on other days, it is a fruit print. While some trends look better than others on her, she enjoys playing the field and experimenting with her style.
- Bags: Mindy definitely loves her bags and with her love of colour combined, she has an enviable collection of designer bags not just in boring neutrals but in the prettiest of colours as well! She doesn't consider bags as just an accessory but in fact, she ties together her entire ensemble with her bags which makes her outfit look more wholesome.
- Print mixing: Like I mentioned before, she enjoys experimenting and one clothing experiment she favours constantly is print mixing i.e. the combination of two similar or contrasting prints in an outfit. She does it so effortlessly by often using an element like a cardigan or a bag that fuses the whole look together.
- Sequins: Probably her favorite choice, Mindy loves her share of sequins to add a dash of glamour to the occasion. Her choices vary between sequin dresses, tops, skirts and even sequin embellishments according to the atmosphere of the event and often glams up a regular outfit with her sequins.
So if you haven't watched The Mindy Project yet, I hope this post convinces you to do just that *even if it is just for the fashion!* I has been a while since I've decoded an inspiration style and posted it so I do hope you like it!
PS: You could win Rs.2000 worth of an Ayesha Accessories voucher right HERE!
Would love to hear what you've got to say about the post, what's your favorite Mindy look or even your thoughts about the show!