I've been on a beauty binge lately, as you have probably seen from my previous posts. So when I received this pretty palette from Avon, it just fueled my new-found obsession and I decided to put this baby for a review today.
Packaging: The quad is made of strong plastic in a glossy black finish with a push-button top and inside, it consists of a mirror, a dual sided sponge tipped applicator and 4 separate pressed powder eyeshadows which is together 5.6 grams of product.
Product: As the name of the quad itself suggests, the shades of the eye shadow are vibrant and pink and purple toned. While shade 2 contains quite a fair bit of sparkle, the remaining 3 shades contain a finely-milled shimmer which is not very prominent on application. Shade 1 is a gold highlighter, Shade 2 is a rose gold sparkly color, Shade 3 is a deep violet and Shade 4 is a dark plum navy shade.
Feel of the product: Sleek & sophisticated
What I liked:
- The packaging of the quad is neat, closes firmly and is easily portable
- The color payoff of the eye shadow is fair and requires a few swipes of the product.
- The shades are impressively different from usual neutral tones and suit Indian skin tones well.
- The dual sided sponge-tipped applicator is serves its purpose and can be used for simple application.
- The price of Rs. 499 that the quad is available at makes it affordable.
What I didn't like:
- The staying power of the eye shadow alone is just an hour or two before it melts away so it will require an additional base.
|Swatches (L-R) Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 3, Shade 4|
My advice: I love the vibrant, pink and purple tones of the palette which I plan to experiment with for the summer and if you're into trying your hand at eyes as well, I'd recommend you go try this out.
Disclaimer: The above post is sponsored and all opinions expressed are honest and completely of my own.